• Saudi airline Airbus A330-200, flight no SV3818 was traveling from Madinah to the capital of Bangladesh, Dhaka.
• The flight had to make an emergency landing at King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah on its way to Dhaka due to some malfunctioning in the Airbus.
• The plane revolved around the airport for a couple of hours for the purpose of burning out the fuel and then the pilot landed the plane with the landing nose gear up.
The sad incident took place at night around 22:00 local time, when Saudi Arabian airline, flight no SV3818 was about to land in Dhaka but the fate was to crash the plane at Jeddah. The plane had to change its direction towards Jeddah because the pilot experienced a malfunction in the plane’s landing gear.
The footage of the Airbus emergency landing was uploaded online right after the incident and the news spread rapidly. The emergency services acted swiftly and brought out every single one of the passenger out of the plane after extinguishing the dramatic fire that came out of the nose of the plane while it landed.
The total no of passengers in the plane were 141 with the addition of 10 crew members, all 151 individuals came out alive out of the plane while more than 50 people from the plane faced minor injuries but nothing fatal. It was reported that one female passenger faced a fracture injury and was sent to surgery right away.
A spokesman from Saudi Airline quoted that the pilot made several attempts to make the landing gear work but in vain, finally the pilot had to emergency land the plane with the landing gear up at Jeddah airport.
Saudia Airbus A330-200 was leased from Turkish Operator Onur Air (reg. TC-OCH) faced landing gear malfunction and the pilot informed the authorities about the situation, after such the plane was directed toward King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, where the plane revolved around the King Abdulaziz International Airport for several hours to burn out all the fuel in the plane, the emergency services were ordered to standby at the airport for the emergency situation and finally the plane landed without its landing gear put down. The plane was landed with utmost experience and preciseness, surely the pilot was talented and experienced who didn’t let the plane crash by some unmanaged landed but he landed with preciseness and saved the lives of 151 individuals. None of the individuals faced any major injury and were safely treated by the Emergency services.
The Airbus 330-200 surely suffered the quite amount of considerable damage but fortunately, the passengers remained safe and that’s what matters the most.
As last week a tragic incident of Boeing 737 crash leaving 110 people dead at a field near a Cuban airport, the plane was by Cubana de Aviacion and was 30- years old. That tragic incident wasn’t forgotten and now this incident at Jeddah put more fear in the minds of travelers.
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Emirates, Etihad To Resume Flights After UAE Lifts Transit Suspension - June 11, 2020
- Emirates To Resume Passenger Flights From July 1 to 12 Arab Countries - June 5, 2020
- Gorilla Trekking In Rwanda This Summer - May 20, 2020