There was a time when travelling was a nightmare but technology and airlines made this possible to fly from one part of the world to another in just a few hours. The skies, these days, are not left empty without airplanes hence encouraging the airline’s carriers to respond.
Skytrax World Airlines Awards, are one of the most recognized and global benchmark of airline excellence. The Skytrax set the benchmark of excellence on the basis of a passengers and travellers survey from 104 different countries which include more or less 280 airlines and around 19.2 million travellers across the globe. There are 41 measurement parameters that include anything ranging from boarding procedures to seat comfort to the quality service.
Skytrax announced the top 100 airlines in 2016 across the globe and these are voted for by the airline passengers around the world. Let’s go ahead and see the ranking and their success stories;
- Emirates has been announced the first best airline in 2016 by ”the Oscars of the aviation industry; Skytrax”. The award winning ceremony took place in Farnborough Airshow and this is the fourth time for Emirates to get this honour over the last 15 years. They were rewarded with this award back in 2013. Dubai‘s Emirates has developed long-haul carriers over the past 30years and it has been considered one of the world’s premier long-haul carriers. Airbus A380 superjumbos and Boeing 777 wide-body jets can easily be placed on the carrier, also, they provide extensive entertainment system during the flight that includes a variety of video and music categories on demand. You can also watch live television and any sporting events and make yourself feel at home. Emirates is also known by their best quality customer care services.
- Qatar Airways was announced at Ranking 1 in 2015 and they’ve got the Ranking 2 award in 2016. Although, the Doha-based airline took home many awards for their excellent services and top-notch comfort zone during the flight they are always known for World’s Best Business Class and Best Business Class Airline Lounge. Comfortable seats during the flight are the utmost priority and expectation for the passengers and Qatar Airways has the honor to get the prize for Best Business Class Seats too. Economy class guests never being left out, of course, they are facilitated to enjoy the videos and music of their choice with excellent customer care during the flight.
- Singapore Airlines is one of the well-known and reputed travel brands across the globe. 1972 is the year of the foundation of Singapore Airline and they have the honor to setup an industry benchmark since the onboarding and is being the first airline to offer free foods and drinks in economy class to the travellers. Satellite phones were the technology beyond expectations in early 90’s yet Singapore Airlines is the one to introduce Satellite phones in 1991. Singapore Airlines stands out the World’s most awarded Airline and it’s the commitment and comfort to the passengers that made it Best International Airline by TravelAge West and Best Business Class Airline by Global Traveler.
- Cathay Pacific is a Hong Kong based Airline and was founded in September 24, 1946. It entertain scheduled passengers and cargo services in about 52 countries worldwide with more or less 200 destinations. Cathay Pacific was given ranking 3 in 2015 as it has a massive fleet consisting of Boeing 777 Airbus A330, Airbus A340 and Airbus A 350. The Best Airline in the world Award was given to Cathay Pacific in 2014 by Skytrax World Airline. Many other awards were given to Cathay Pacific in 2014 which also includes “Best Premium Economy” by Business Traveler.
- All Nippon Airways (ANAs) is not only being ranked the fifth best airline in the world by World Airline Award but also the 13th largest airline by revenue in the world. They have a fleet of over 240 aircraft that currently carry over 187 international and domestic routes. They are well versed in offering new modern features and technology which are designed exactly according to passengers need.
- The number sixth ranking in 2016 goes to Etihad Airways. Etihad always exceeds expectations with excellent customer services and luxury products. They are the one bringing in new meaning to the luxury air travels by introducing a product called ‘The Residence’ that is actually a 3-room complete suite in the sky, including; ensuite restroom, restroom, living room, private chef and personal butler. Not only the business class gets outstanding customer service but the economy class gets the same with all comforts and entertaining features during the fly. Etihad Airlines commitment and excellent quality services always put them under the top 10 Best Airlines in the World Airline Awards.
- “Seventh Best Airline in the World” award was taken home by Turkish Airlines according to the World Airline Awards. Turkish Airline was established in 1933 and at that time when they were few airlines, Turkish Airline flew to more countries than any other airline in the world. Because of which, it stands one of the older airlines worldwide. Currently, they have a fleet of over 261 aircraft flying to almost 243 cities across the world. In 2014, Skytrax Passengers Choice Awards named them “Europe’s Best Airline” because of their outstanding and superior customer care services.
- EVA Air is one of the subsidiaries of Evergreen Group and founded in March 1989 based out at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport near Taipei, Taiwan. “Sharing the World, Flying together” that’s the slogan of EVA Air that stood at ranking 8 according to World Airline Awards. EVA Air is the second largest Taiwanese airline dedicated to operating passengers and cargo services to over 40 international destinations.
Latest posts by John (see all)
- Tourist Attractions in Greece - November 7, 2018
- Singapore Airlines to Fly Direct to Seattle from Next Summer - November 6, 2018
- Emirates set to launch world’s first ‘Biometric Path - November 5, 2018